Australia has 60,000 registered charities. Their passion to improve our community is inspiring, as is the commitment of their founders, employees, funders, and volunteers. We salute and admire them. Helping them achieve their vision and goals is why we set up Tanarra Philanthropic Advisors (TPA), as we believe we have a useful role to play. That is because some two-thirds of our nation’s charities are small organisations with annual revenue of less than $250,000. Their goals are often bigger than their budgets or organisational capabilities. Even larger charities can benefit from quality external advice. Areas where external advice can be very beneficial include :
- clarifying their mission
- sharpening their business plan
- organising for cost-effective success
- getting the right mix of skills and commitment around the board table
- ensuring board and management are working closely as one
- developing an optimal and sustainable funding model
- having at their disposal first class financial modelling tools to assist in budgeting and business planning
- developing a sound (but not suffocating) risk management framework and culture.
An Australian charity sector realising its full potential to deliver significant social and economic outcomes.
To strengthen the strategic and financial positions of Australian charities, enhancing the great work they are already doing.